Shrimp & Artichoke Linguine
Shrimp & Artichoke Linguine is a light and delicious pasta dish for all of those shrimp lovers out there.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Pasta, Seafood
- 1 lb large Shrimp, peeled leaving tails on & de-veined
- ½ cup Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 12 small Artichoke Hearts, halved
- ½ Roasted Red Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Butter (1/2 stick)
- ⅛ tsp Parsley, dried
- ⅛ tsp Oregano, dried
- ⅛ tsp Basil, dried
- ⅛ tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Linguine, enough for 2 servings
Mise en place
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Slice artichokes & red pepper, dice onions and mince garlic.
- Portion olive oil, butter, parsley, oregano, basil, paprika.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot with 2 tbs of butter.
- Toss and cover off the heat.
Put it all together
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, shrimp, salt, black pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are opaque throughout and onions are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper and 2 tbs of butter to the shrimp, sprinkle in parsley, oregano, paprika, basil and cook, gently stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp/veggie mixture and reserved cooking water to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing, until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with crusty bread on the side.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)