This light and fresh Caprese Salad recipe is the perfect quick and easy accompaniment to any summer meal.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 large ripe Tomato, ¼" thick slices
- 8 oz fresh Mozzarella, ¼" thick slices
- 15 - 20 large whole leaves of fresh Basil
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Coarse Salt and Pepper, ground
Mise en place
- Slice mozzarella and tomato.
- Pick and clean basil leaves.
Put the salad together
- Layer slices of tomatoes, mozzarella and a basil leaf or 2 between them, on a large, shallow platter.
- Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Inspired by a dish at Bella's Italian Cafe in the early 90's.