Bacon-wrapped Boneless Pork Tenderloin Medallions
This Bacon-wrapped Boneless Pork Tenderloin Medallions recipe is a delicious entree especially when paired with the sweet and spicy Strawberry Balsamic Chipotle Sauce.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Meats, Southwestern
- 1 cup Strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbs Brown Sugar
- 2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbs Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 6 slices of Bacon
- 1 lb Pork Loin Tenderloin, cut into 6 medallions using bacon as your guide
- 6 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
Strawberry Balsamic Chipotle Sauce
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend till smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add ingredients and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally and until the sauce becomes thick.
Wrap the pork
- Parcook bacon for several minutes until half cooked, starting to crisp, but still pliable.
- Place bacon on some paper towels and let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut pork tenderloin into 6 medallions using the bacon as your guide.
- Wrap the bacon around the pork tenderloin and secure each piece with a toothpick.
Grill pork medallions
- Rub both sides with the rosemary, season with salt and pepper and place sprig of rosemary on each medallion.
- When grill is hot - Grill pork medallions for 8-10 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes before plating.
- Serve with Strawberry Balsamic Chipotle Sauce drizzled over top.
Inspired by a similar type dish at Fat Jacques Cajun Cafe back in the mid 1980's that was made with duck.