Picadillo Empanadas are a very common Cuban dish. They can be found at any meal, but are usually eaten during lunch or as a snack.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Appetizers & Tapas
- ½ lb of Picadillo
- 1 pack of 10 Empanada Dough Discos
- 1 Egg, beaten
Mise en place
- Make picadillo.
- Beat egg for egg wash.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of Picadillo onto the middle of one empanada
- Brush inside edge of empanada dough with egg wash.
- Fold, seal, crimp edges with a fork and set on a plate.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees F.
- Cook empanadas for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown.
Inspired by the dish my Abuela Mima used to make often.
More Picadillo Empanadas Pics