Cajun Fried Shrimp
This Cajun Fried Shrimp recipe is Cajun cooking at its simplest. Serve them with some Red Beans & Rice along with an ice cold beer and you have a delicious meal.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Appetizer, Tapas, Seafood
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 lb Large Shrimp, peeled and de-veined leaving tail and one shell segment on
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 tbs Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbs Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 tsp McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Milk, splash
Mise en place
- Combine the sifted flour, cayenne pepper, old bay seasoning, paprika, lemon & pepper seasoning, garlic powder, ground coriander, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
Bread shrimp and refrigerate
- Put the shrimp into flour mixture, coating each shrimp evenly and placing them on a plate.
- When done breading all shrimp, put them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. (This will help the breading to stick to the shrimp when fried.)
- Whisk egg and splash of milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Place shrimp in egg wash coating them completely, then to flour mixture coating them completely, then onto a clean plate.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Make sure you have enough oil to cover the shrimp entirely.
- Fry shrimp in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and set them on paper towels to drain.
- Serve in a basket with some Remoulade Sauce or with your favorite Red Beans & Rice.
Inspired by the dish I ate passing through Louisiana in the mid 90's, at a little hole in the wall place with some of the best tasting food I have ever eaten.
More Cajun Fried Shrimp Pics