Spicy Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Spicy Grilled Shrimp Tacos are sweet, spicy and easy to make any day of the week. Serve with Mexican rice & black beans to make it a complete meal.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Southwestern, Seafood
Serves: 8-10 Tacos
- 1-1/2 lbs large or extra-large Shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ½ tbs Olive oil
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Mise en place
- Prepare Pico de Gallo & Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Slice avocado & limes.
- Portion coleslaw mix.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper and shrimp . Stir until shrimp are evenly coated with seasoning.
- Skewer shrimp for easy handling.
Grill shrimp & tortillas
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- When done, remove from grill, take off skewers and cover to keep shrimp warm.
- Grill the tortillas until warm and slightly charred, about 20 seconds per side or heat tortillas in microwave according to package instructions.
- Add coleslaw mix to warm tacos, topped by 3-4 shrimp, pico de gallo, avocado slice and finished off with cilantro lime sauce.
- Serve tacos with Mexican rice, black beans and lime wedges on the side.
- Before eating, squeeze limes over tacos for additional sweetness and juiciness. Enjoy!
Inspired by my love for Chili's Spicy Grilled Shrimp Tacos