This Spicy Guacamole recipe is great with your favorite tortilla chips or as a side for your Mexican dishes.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Sauces, Appetizers & Tapas, Southwestern, Sides
- 3 ripe Haas Avocados, seeded & peeled
- 1 Lime, cut into quarters
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cumin, ground
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup Red Onion, diced
- 2 Plum or Roma Tomatoes, seeded & diced
- ½ Jalapeno Pepper, seeded & minced (leave seeds in if you want it a little on the spicier side)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tbs Cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, place avocado and the juice of half a lime, toss well to coat all of avocado.
- Add the salt, cumin, cayenne and mash well with a potato masher.
- Add onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic and fold ingredients well.
- Add juice of the other half of lime and mix well.
- Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Inspired by Tex Mex Catina's Guacamole back in the early 1990's
More Spicy Guacamole Pics