This Buffalo Shrimp recipe was inspired by all those Hooters Buffalo Shrimp I have eaten. Serve with Blue Cheese & Celery on the side and you have a delicious appetizer.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Appetizers & Tapas, Seafood
- ½ cup Butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup Tabasco Hot Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Ground Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 lb Medium Shrimp, peeled and de-veined leaving tail and one shell segment on
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Celery sticks
- Bleu Cheese Dressing
Mise en place
- Combine the sifted flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- If the shrimp are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.
- Put the shrimp into flour mixture one at a time, coating each one evenly and placing them on a plate. When done breading all the shrimp, put them in the refrigerator for 30 - 60 minutes. (This will help the breading to stick to the shrimp when fried.)
- Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper and garlic powder in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are well-blended.
Fry & sauce shrimp
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Make sure you have enough oil to cover the shrimp entirely.
- Fry shrimp in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and set them on paper towels to drain.
- After a minute or so, add a few fried shrimp to the saucepan containing the sauce mixture. Coat evenly and place on a serving plate.
- Continue process till all shrimp are cooked and sauced.
- Serve with celery sticks and Bleu cheese dressing on the side.
Inspired by Hooters Buffalo Shrimp
More Buffalo Shrimp Pics
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)