Rich and Meaty Chili
This Rich and Meaty Chili recipe is for anyone who loves Wendy's Chili as much as I do. Very easy to make and tastes just like the real thing.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Soups, Stews, Chilis
- 2 lbs Ground Chuck
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Kidney Beans, un-drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Pinto Beans, un-drained
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbs White Vinegar
- 2 (1¼ ounce) packages McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning Mix
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Mise en place
- Chop celery, green pepper and onion, set aside.
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- Portion olive oil, water, vinegar.
- Open cans of stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Press ground beef into skillet to form one large patty and let the bottom brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir ground beef, breaking it into large crumbles and cook until no longer pink, about 5 more minutes.
- When ground beef is no longer pink, take off heat, drain off excess fat and set aside.
Cook the chili
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in celery, onion, green pepper, salt, black pepper and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in meat and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce and water. If large chunks of stewed tomatoes are present, break them into smaller pieces.
- Stir in chili seasoning and mix well.
- Mix in kidney beans, pinto beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, mix vinegar into the chili, adjust salt and pepper, if necessary and stir well.
- Serve hot topped with finely diced onions and shredded cheese.
Inspired by my love for Wendy's Chili