Sandwich Pressing Tip
Don't have a sandwich press? No worries... Follow these steps and you can make yourself a pressed sandwich just like they make at your favorite Cuban restaurant.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- Cuban bread
- Sandwich fillings
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, making sure that it is not too hot so you do not burn your bread's crust before the inside ingredients get warm.
- Assemble the sandwich.
- Butter bottom side of the Cuban bread and place the sandwich in the warm skillet.
- Place a heavy pot or pan on top of the sandwich for 2-3 minutes till bread is golden brown on that side.
- Butter top side of the Cuban bread, flip the sandwich and place pan back on top for another 2-3 minutes, till bread is golden brown on that side and sandwich as been flattened to about ½ of it's original size.
- Remove sandwich from pan, place it on a cutting board and cut sandwich in half diagonally.
More Sandwich Pressing Tip Pics