Creole Mustard Aïoli
This Creole Mustard Aïoli recipe is delicious, can be made very quickly and is great as a dipping sauce or dressing for your favorite sandwiches or burgers.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Sauces
Serves: ½ cup
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced with a pinch of Salt
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- ½ tsp Creole or Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbs Vegetable Oil
Mise en place
- Mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt using a large heavy knife.
- Separate egg yolk from egg white. Reserve egg white if you can use it for another use.
- Portion lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, vegetable oil.
Put it together
- Whisk together yolk, lemon juice, and mustard in a bowl.
- Combine oils and add, a few drops at a time, to yolk mixture, whisking constantly, until all oil is incorporated and mixture is emulsified. (If mixture separates, stop adding oil and continue whisking until mixture comes together, then resume adding oil.)
- Whisk in garlic paste and season with salt and pepper.
- If aïoli is too thick, whisk in 1 or 2 drops of water.
- Chill covered, until ready to use.