Watercress & Tomato Salad
Watercress & Tomato Salad is dish that my grandmother used to always serve us when we were kids. She called it "Berro" in Spanish, said that it was good for us and to eat it all. It IS an extremely healthy popular green salad that drizzled with some extra virgin olive oil and a bit of vinegar is delicious! Tastes great and healthy.... Can't go wrong with this recipe!
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Salads
Serves: 2 - 4 servings
- 1 bunch of Watercress, rough chopped, washed & spun dry
- 1 large Tomato, sliced length-wise into eighths
- Red Wine Vinegar, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, generous portion, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste (I like it a little on the salty side)
- Chop the tomato into large pieces.
- Layer the salad, with the watercress on the bottom.
- Place the tomato over top of the watercress.
- Dress the salad with olive oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
More Watercress & Tomato Salad Pics