Sweet Pea Omelette
I have been eating this Sweet Pea Omelette dish since I was little. Peas add a little sweetness, hot sauce adds a little spice... Truly delicious!
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4-6 Eggs (2-3 per serving)
- 2 tbs Shallot, chopped
- 1 cup of Sweet Peas, canned
- 2 splashes of Milk
- 3 tbs of Butter
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Couple splashes of Hot Sauce (optional)
Mise en place
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with splash of milk, a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well with whisk or a fork.
- Chop shallots.
- Portion peas and butter.
- In a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat, add 3 tbs butter, shallots & peas and saute for 3-4 minutes. You are basically trying to heat the peas and soften the shallots.
- Lower heat to medium-low, add egg mixture and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
- When the omelette begins to firm up, but still has a little soft egg on top, ease around the edge of the omelette with a spatula to make sure it is not stuck to the pan, then transfer omelette to a large plate and flip back to the pan with soft side down.
- When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove from the heat and slide the omelette onto a plate.
- Cut in half and top with several splashes of your favorite hot sauce.
Inspired by the dish my Abuela Mima used to make often.