Blackened Ribeye is made by using the Blackening cooking technique. Take a good sized Ribeye Steak, dip it in melted butter, dredge it in a mixture of herbs and spices and then cook it in a very hot cast-iron skillet. Serve it with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Meats
Serves: 1 serving
Blackened Seasoning (recipe on our site)
- 2½ tsp Salt (I like to use either Sea Salt or Kosher)
- 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¾ tsp ground Black Pepper
- ¾ tsp ground White Pepper
- ½ tsp dried Thyme leaves
- ½ tsp dried Basil leaves
- ½ tsp dried Oregano leaves
- Ribeye Steak, boneless, allow it to come to room temperature before seasoning
- Butter, melted
- Combine the salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, white pepper, basil, thyme and oregano in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Let ribeye to come to room temperature.
- Dip the ribeye in melted butter, then into this mix and set aside.
- Heat skillet so that it is very hot.
- Fry steak in white-hot skillet till outside is crispy.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
Inspired by by those blackened dishes I enjoyed at Fat Jacques Cajun Cafe back in the mid 1980's.
More Blackened Ribeye Pics