Lemon Garlic and Onion Pork Chops
Lemon Garlic and Onion Pork Chops are one of our favorite recipes and one that we have been making practically forever. They go well with all kinds of sides and can be made any day of the week. Simple, quick, great-tasting pork chops that we seem to make at least a couple times a month and everyone seems to love.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Meats
- 4 Pork Chops, with bone in
- ½ large Onion, sliced
- 2 - 3 cloves Garlic, smashed & minced
- Goya Adobo Seasoning (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 - 3 tbs Lemon Juice
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Vino Seco
Mise en place
- Slice onions.
- Smash and mince garlic.
- Portion lemon juice, olive oil and vino seco.
Marinate pork chops
- Place chops on a large plate.
- Add salt, pepper, adobo seasoning and lemon juice to both sides of chops, rubbing seasonings into the meat with the backside of a spoon.
- Divide garlic evenly amongst your chops and rub into the tops halves of each with the backside of a spoon.
- Place onions on top of chops and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onions and cook till they start to get soft.
- Add pork chops to the skillet with garlic still on top and cook for 5-7 minutes until they start to brown on the bottom.
- Flip chops and cook for 1-2 minutes until you start to smell the garlic.
- Add vino seco and cook for another 5-7 minutes until pork chops are done.
- Remove chops to a plate and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Continue to reduce your sauce and onions until most of the liquid is gone.
- Serve pork chops with your sauteed onions over top along with your favorite sides.