White rice is a staple food in many types of cuisine. Rice (all types) is the most important grain with regard to human nutrition and caloric intake, providing more than one fifth of the calories consumed worldwide by humans.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Side
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Do not wash or clean rice.
- In a medium sauce pan, add rice, water, olive oil, salt and bring to a boil uncovered.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from burner and let sit for a 3 - 5 minutes.
- Gently fluff and serve.