White rice is a staple food in many types of cuisine. Rice (all types) is the most important grain with regard to human nutrition and caloric intake, providing more than one fifth of the calories consumed worldwide by humans.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Side
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1¼ cups Water
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Rinse rice to get rid of excess starch..
- In a medium sauce pan, add rice, water, olive oil, salt and bring to a boil uncovered.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from burner and let sit for a 3 - 5 minutes.
- Gently fluff rice with a fork and cover for another 5 minutes to allow rice to finish opening up.
- Gently fluff rice one last time and serve.
Last updated: 10/31/20
More White Rice Pics