Guava and Cream Cheese Empanadas
These Guava and Cream Cheese Empanadas are a great sweet snack or dessert.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Appetizers & Tapas, Dessert
- 1 (21 oz) can Guava Paste (you will have leftover guava)
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese
- 1 pack of 10 Empanada Dough Discos
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Confectioner's Sugar
Mise en place
- Cut the guava and cream cheese into small slices, just large enough to fill your empanadas.
- Beat egg for egg wash.
- Lay one empanada disco on a plate.
- Layer one slice of each (guava & cream cheese) in each empanada.
- Brush inside edge of empanada dough with egg wash.
- Fold, seal, crimp edges with a fork and set on a plate.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees F.
- Cook empanadas for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with confectioner's sugar
Inspired by the dish my Abuelo Papa used to make often.
More Guava and Cream Cheese Empanadas Pics
(Visited 1,072 times, 8 visits today)