Spanish-style Pan-fried Bone-in Ribeye
Spanish-style Pan-fried Bone-in Ribeye is a delicious dish that I have enjoyed for as long as I can remember. I even had the chance to try it while visiting San Sebastian and I have to say that this recipe is as good, if not better than what was prepared for me by one of their great chefs.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Meat
- 1 lb Ribeye Steak, with bone-in
- 2-3 tbs Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium Onion, sliced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Vino Seco (Cooking Wine) or Dry Sherry
Mise en place
- Slice onion and mince garlic.
- Marinate both sides of steak by spreading salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice.
- Let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Add olive oil to frying pan and heat on medium high. Be careful not to burn the oil.
- Add onions, salt, pepper and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Move onions to the side of the pan and add the steak.
- Cook steak to desired temperature, depending on thickness.
- When you flip the steak at mid-way point, add vino seco and and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove steak from pan and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to reduce pan sauce, if necessary.
- Serve steak topped with sauteed onions and drizzled pan sauce.
Inspired by the dish my Abuela Mima used to make often.
More Spanish-style Pan-fried Bone-in Ribeye Pics