Bacon-wrapped Shrimp make a delicious appetizer and are so, so easy to make... Tender shrimp, crunchy water chestnuts, bacon and some spicy cocktail sauce... Your mouth watering yet?
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Appetizers & Tapas, Seafood
- 12 Large Shrimp, peeled and de-veined, leaving last tail segment on shrimp
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 12 Water Chestnuts, sliced
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Cocktail Sauce
Mise en place
- Par-cook bacon, let them cool and then cut them in half.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp
- Drain water chestnuts.
- Lay a piece of bacon on a plate.
- Add shrimp, sliced water chestnut, wrap and use a toothpick to keep it together.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees F. Make sure you have enough oil to cover the bacon-wrapped shrimp entirely.
- Fry shrimp in batches for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and set them on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with Cocktail Sauce.
More Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Pics