Kielbasa Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Kielbasa Sausage with Peppers and Onions is very easy to prepare and makes a great weekday meal. Serve with your favorite sides and crusty bread.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Meats
- 1 Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa, 16 oz. package, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium Onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Beer
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Mise en place
- Cut kielbasa into ½ inch pieces.
- Slice onions and peppers into thin strips.
- Mince garlic.
Cook the dish
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add peppers, onions, salt, pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kielbasa and mix well with onions & peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Next, add garlic and stir it in with other ingredients.
- When you start to smell the garlic, add the beer and cook for another 5 or so minutes until the beer reduces by half and veggies are soft.
- Serve with your favorite sides and crusty bread.
Inspired by it being one of our go-to meals since my daughter was little.