Original Cuban Sandwich
The Original Cuban Sandwich is a variation of a ham and cheese originally created in cafes catering to Cuban cigar workers in the early Cuban immigrant communities of Florida: Key West, Ybor City and West Tampa.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 8-9 inch piece of Cuban Bread
- 4 oz Glazed Ham, thinly sliced
- 2 oz Mojo Roasted Pork, thinly sliced
- 1 oz Genoa Salami , thinly sliced
- 1 oz Swiss Cheese
- 3-4 Pickle chips
- 1 tbs Yellow Mustard
- Soft Butter
Mise en place
- Slice meats if necessary.
- Cut Cuban bread in half lengthwise.
- Layer sliced meats and cheese in the following order: ham, pork, salami, and then cheese.
- Place pickle chips evenly on top.
- Spread mustard on top half of bread.
- Lightly butter both top and bottom of sandwich. Heat sandwich in press until crisp.
- Cut diagonally from corner to corner.