Bacon Blue Cheese Burger
The Bacon Blue Cheese Burger is one of my all-time favorite burgers. So many good things about it - the bacon, the blue cheese, the burger itself. When you put them all together in this recipe, your taste buds get blown away.
Author: Danny Gutierrez
Recipe type: Sandwich
- ⅓ lb Ground Chuck, pressed into a thin patty
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 tbs Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 2 Bacon slices
- Tomato, sliced thin
Mise en place
- Prepare patties and season with salt, pepper and set aside.
- Slice lettuce and tomatoes.
- Preheat your cast-iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add burger patty and cook until the crust that forms on the bottom of the burger releases it from the skillet — about 2 minutes.
- When burger lifts up easily, flip and cook on the other side for another 2 - 3 minutes for medium.
- Remove patty using a metal spatula and transfer to plate so it can rest for 1 minute.
- Place patty on bun, top with enough blue cheese to cover completely patty, add bacon, lettuce, tomato and serve immediately with your favorite fries.
Inspired by one of my favorite hamburgers served at Jimmy Mac's Restaurant in the mid 90's.